Bud’s Report

I had had all of my amalgams removed in 1993 or thereabouts. Then in 1995 my dentist told me he thought it would be a good idea to have DMPS to get rid of the metals in my body. So he did a urine test and diagnosed me with heavy metal toxicity. Then he gave me DMPS. He said he was participating in a study regarding DMPS. In 1997 he gave me DMPS again. He did not have the credentials to give me DMPS. He was supposed to refer me to a medical doctor for extensive physical and neurological testing before administering DMPS. I also never signed any informed consent with regard to this drug. The form stated that DMPS could cause heart problems, neurological problems and other problems.

Neither my wife nor I knew of all of the problems that can occur from DMPS. It was perfectly safe, right? We were just told that it was a wonderful chelation agent that would remove all of the heavy metals from my body, and prevent any future problems from these metals.

I was 67 at the time, and in incredibly good health. I had had heart surgery years ago, but had recovered completely. I was not on any medications. But shortly after the DMPS, I began having heart arrhythmia problems. At first I did not link it to the DMPS. Later I began having terrible leg cramps. They started on a Friday night, and by Monday morning I agreed to let my wife take me to the hospital. By then I was unable to urinate, and both legs were paralyzed to the point that I could hardly walk. As soon as the doctor saw me he sent me to the emergency room to be catheterized. They ran numerous tests, and finally a neurologist came to see me. He told me what I already knew…. that I was paralyzed from the waist down.

I was in the hospital for two weeks. By the time I was released, I could walk with a walker. The motor functions in my legs and feet were back, but they were still numb, and I could not tell when I stepped on my feet, so I stumbled a lot. I finally got off the walker after about a month, and just walked carefully. I still have no feeling in my feet and part way up my legs. They always tingle, feel numb and cold, and ache.  After about ten days I was able to urinate without the catheter, however I still cannot tell for sure when I need to go to the bathroom. I still did not relate this to the DMPS.

But then our adult daughter went to a meeting where there were lots of doctors and dentists. She got to talking to one of the doctors about my experience, and the doctor said immediately, “Oh, my gosh, was your Dad ever given DMPS?”. There may not be any way for me to prove that DMPS did this to me, but I am convinced that it did. Perhaps it somehow stripped me of essential minerals which predisposed me to these serious problems. I never would have agreed to be given DMPS if I had been told the truth about it. is optimized for Microsoft Internet Explorer in 800x600 resolution Please read our privacy, terms, and conditions agreement
Site Design By: Ryan H. Smith